Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hanger Nation with Shelley Craft.................




I was lucky enough to get to shoot a few questions through to Shelley Craft about her latest project, the Hanger Nation . What a super cute lady she is!

 If you haven't seen Hanger Nation yet, you should download it, its free! Free stuff is the best kind.  It's super useful if you are as obsessed with fashion and online shopping as I am.  I'm finding myself browsing through nearly every day, definitely a good time waster when you are supposed to be doing work!

Hanger Nation is basically a central point for many amazing Australian Designers, you can view their latest collections and even locate where to buy them where you live.
Check out the Q & A below:


What was the main inspiration that gave you this idea, and got you started on this project?

The idea came from the fact that I am a mad internet shopper and I was forever looking for a: my favourite designers estores and b: new Australian designers. The problem being that if you don’t know their exact address, precious shopping time is wasted!

You mention being ‘time poor’, how did you manage to put together this project with everything else on your plate? And was it hard to keep yourself motivated?

I am fairly time poor yes, I work for channel 9 on Australia’s Funniest Home Videos and THE BLOCK and I have a 16 month old daughter who is a true live wire and needs constant entertainment. I started working on HANGER NATION when I was pregnant, so I really had no idea what I was in for when Milla came along. Thankfully most of the ground work was done and now it is just a matter of making sure when new collections come in, they are uploaded straight away and of course I am always on the look out for new design talent


On compiling the list of designers for Hanger Nation, who were the first that sprang to mind that you knew you had to feature?
I wanted there to be a great mix of big names ie: WAYNE COOPER, LEONA EDMISTON, SAMANTHA WILLS, and of course some great smaller Australian Designers that I have fallen in love with: LISA BROWN, FRANCIS LEON, LUELA, SPELL.


Are there any up and coming or relatively unknown Australia Designers that you are a fan of?

Oh Yes, as a child of the 80’s I am loving the return of the jelly sandal. HOLSTER is an Australian shoe design company based in Noosa and they have the most fabulous range of summer sandal AND winter gumboot. All in the jelly style. Again, LISA BROWN is an absolute favourite of mine, I love her style and it certainly suits my lifestyle.


Can you recommend a few online shops that you visit the most or find the most reliable?

I shop a lot from ALL ABOUT THE DRESS which is site completely dedicated to special occasion/party dresses. I do get many of my FHV frocks from here.


Is there a designer or store that you can always rely on when you need to find an outfit for a special occasion?
It doesn’t matter the season or collection,

WAYNE COOPER will definitely have what you need, party, wedding, work, races – he is my never fail go to designer

Will Hanger Nation feature designers from other countries in the future?

I am a huge fan and supporter of Australian fashion. We have such a diverse sense of style and each of our Aussie designers really has cultivated a unique and individual look. I don’t believe the need to feature overseas designers on HANGER NATION – support Australian, buy Australian and be proud of our fabulous Australian designer talent.

2 comments:

Oh look, a comment box! Perhaps you could leave some kind of witty and or kind comment here. Or you could write long lovely poems about sailing and giant windmills. Whatever floats your boat. Just type, right below this writing, yes in that nice blank box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...